This article will outline the current best practices when manually setting up Backup Jobs within Cirrus.
If you have more than 200 users to backup, please submit a ticket to Support for assistance in configuring your backups.
Note: To manually edit Backup Jobs you will need to be on a Variable License, and have Manage Backup Permissions enabled on your organisation. If you do not, please submit a ticket to Support requesting additional permissions.
To edit your backup job please follow the Knowledge Base article - How to Edit a Backup Job.
Recommended Job Configuration
Cirrus suggests setting up your backup jobs with the following configuration to ensure timely backups without any issues occurring:
- Two separate backup jobs per every 200 users
- All Exchange Objects - This job should include all Exchange and Archive mailboxes for your selected users.
- All Other Objects - This job should include all SharePoint Sites and OneDrive accounts for your selected users. As well as any Organisational Sites or Teams.
- Set to a daily schedule outside of business hours.
- All data that is not required to be backed up is excluded from the jobs
If you require any help setting up these jobs, please email Support at email@example.com with the desired users and data you would like backed up.